A Landlord has the option of signing up for our Leasing Service only, or both the Leasing and Property Management Service.
Renting your property
When listing a property for rent with Halifax Quality Homes Ltd, the property owner can have peace of mind and rest assured that our aim is to find quality tenants as well as maximize the income flow by taking steps to avoid unnecessary vacancies. Renting offers a viable option to property owners who are not ready or not able to sell their homes.
HQH will do all of the advertising, all showings of the property, and answer all inquiries from prospective tenants. There is no cost to the Landlord until a tenant has been approved and a lease signed in accordance with Nova Scotia Tenancy Law.
Most problem tenants will stay away when they see that a professional management company is reviewing all applications. Our 5 point screening process of an applicant includes:
1. Detailed credit report
2. Landlord reference
3. Employment and income verification
4. Personal reference calls
5. Leasing agent assessment
When we manage a residential property, it is more than just bricks and mortar to us. We want the property owner to feel confident that they have placed their property in the care of an experienced, dedicated team of leasing professionals. The property owner will be provided with quality tenants as well as an above average, month to month management service.
The property management service includes:
1. Detailed monthly and yearly statements, invoices, leases and agreements are available to the owner through your on line owner account.
2. The collection of rent by pre-authorized withdrawal directly from the tenant’s bank account. Rent proceeds are deposited electronically, directly to the owners bank account.
3. Rent and security deposits, held in a trust accounts apart from the general operating funds of HQH.
4. Experienced and knowledgeable staff to co- ordinate the move in and move out inspections with the tenants, as well as deal with all tenancy issues and requests.
5. Arranging of maintenance and repairs in a timely manner, with reputable companies and tradesmen.
6. Advice and information regarding Revenue Canada and Landlords with Non Residency status.
For further information or to discuss listing your property with us, please call 902-445-4952